Under the Tutoring Services drop-down menu, you will find the schedules and locations for WCC’s drop-in tutoring and group study sessions. You will also see what classes and subjects our tutors cover.
Our tutors provide help for any classes that you are currently enrolled in at WCC, just walk in during our regularly scheduled hours; sign in and take a seat and a tutor will assist you as soon as possible.
To receive tutoring:
- WCC Student ID is required for service.
- Complete the Intake Form each semester, as required by LSS.
- Bring your notes, books, resource information, and questions.
- Once you have been signed in, we are unable to hold a spot in line for you, so please avoid leaving the tutoring area if you are waiting to be seen.
- The duration of each tutoring session is 30 minutes at a time, with a maximum of 60 minutes per class per day, but please note that waiting students who have not yet had tutoring that day will be seen before additional sessions are allowed.
- Students using a second session may be interrupted to serve new students and the remaining minutes of your session will not be carried over.
- The maximum tutoring time for each individual student is one (1) hour per class per day, depending on demand.
- Tutors may not complete homework problems or work on pretests; these problems must be done independently by the student. However, tutors may guide with examples.
- When there are no scheduled classes, there will be no tutoring (e.g. campus closing or holidays). Please also check the WCC Closing Information page for more information on cancellations and other alerts.
- If you are a student with a disability needing accommodations, please contact a Program Specialist in Learning Support Services by calling: 734-973-3342