Washtenaw Community College Teaching & Learning Center (TLC)’s mission is dedicated to the professional development of faculty and staff in best-practice, evidence-based teaching, learning, and educational technology focusing on the end goal of student success.
Our vision is to create a culture of educational innovation in a collaborative campus environment to enhance student learning and success.
The Teaching & Learning Center is guided by a team of faculty and staff from areas of the college that provide professional development opportunities:
- Coordinator of Instructional Operations — Theresa Hunt
- CiTL/Distance Learning–Pete Baccile, Nancy Collison, & Teresa Laszlo
- Curriculum & Assessment–Joy Garrett
- Diversity & Inclusion–Clarence Jennings
- Faculty Professional Development Committee–Mary Mullalond
- Human Resources–Andrea Hemphill
- IT–Nichole Marbury & Kim Tom
- Library–Joyce Hommel
The Teaching & Learning Center underscores the college values of teaching, learning and innovation, values embedded in the strategic priority of enhancing student success with outstanding curriculum and instruction.