Events & Activities
WCC Career Fair Prep: What Recruiters Look For YouTube Video
Washtenaw Community College’s Career Transitions office hosts several events and career fairs each year. Click on the events in the calendar to find out further details.
Featured Events & Workshops
Keep your career momentum going. Employers hire year round and the Fall will be here before you know it for more internship and entry level opportunities for 2019/2020.
Visit with an advisor over the summer to ensure you’re on track.
Schedule an appointment today by calling 734-677-5155. We look forward to assisting you.
Important Office Closure Dates:
Monday, May 20: Advanced Transportation & Mobility Career Fair | ML Building | 9am to 2pm
Thursday, May 23: Office Meeting
Monday, May 27: Memorial Day – College Closed
Thursday, June 6: Office Retreat Planning Day
Thursday, July 4: College Closed
Diversity Recruitment Event for all positions within the FBI
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has numerous career opportunities for everyone including Special Agent, Forensic Account, Intelligence Analyst,Linguist, and Surveillance Specialist. The FBI also has an Honors Internship Program for college students.
The more diverse the FBI is, the stronger we are.
Come join us for an opportunity to listen and interact with FBI employees and learn what career opportunities there are for you in the FBI.
- 4:00pm Networking and Individual Career Stations
- 5:00pm Panel Discussion
- 6:00pm Networking and Individual Career Stations
Online Registration is free and preferred. A limited number of walk-ins will be admitted.
Valid government issued photo identification is required for entry.
While this event is open to the public and is geared towards diversity recruitment, all Washtenaw Community College students are welcome to attend this event.
The event will be held at the Washtenaw Community College, Morris Lawrence Building, 4800 E. Huron River Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Free parking located next to the building.
Professional attire suggested but not required.
Check out everything the FBI has to offer at FBIJOBS.GOV .
Follow us on twitter @FBIDetroit
Come for the fun and games, leave with important information about the wide range of programs and services available to Washtenaw Community College students.
Welcome Day for the Fall 2019 semester will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 11 on the first floor of the Student Center.
“Welcome Day is our first contact with new students, and we’ve arranged it so that everything they need to know about what the college has to offer is right there in one place for easy access,” said Rachel Barsch, WCC Supervisor of Student Activities.
Returning students are also welcome to come check out the booths spread out across the Student Center. Many will be staffed by representatives of WCC programs, services and student groups. Others will be run by organizations that provide special services to WCC students and the greater community.
All activities are free to current WCC students.
Shop until you drop with WCC at JCPenney, Briarwood Mall
500 Briarwood Circle
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
WCC and JCPenney are teaming up to bring you:
- In-store coupon offers an Extra 30% off sale & clearance price of dress apparel, shoes and accessories
- New items added to the coupon/event:
- Men’s – Khakis – Including Men’s Dockers pants, Haggar pants and SJB pants
- Men’s underwear & undershirts
- Women’s fashion jewelry
- Women’s handbags, wallets and socks
- Travel including both briefcases and now luggage
- Nurse Scrubs available online at jcp.com
- Services – We will continue to invest in our resources and staff so they can assist and educate students and ensure they look their best. (Note: Services do vary by store)
- Measurement Station – get assistance with the right size for a proper fitting
- Sephora – Free mini makeovers, makeover classes if applicable and free samples
- Salon – Styling tips, special monthly discounts and booking appointments
- Portrait – Suit Up Professional Headshots starting at $29.99. (Reg. $49.99)
WCC Alumni welcome. Please bring WCC proper identification.