Co-ops & Internships
Interested in providing WCC students with industry experience and specialized training? Internships and co-op opportunities provide many benefits to employers, such as:
- A continual supply of motivated and high-achieving students who are eager to learn and perform well
- A cost-effective system of evaluating potential future employees
- Opportunities to release trained staff to perform advanced priority work
- A bright infusion of enthusiastic new ideas and viewpoints
- Excellent opportunities to meet short-term or special projects
- Internship program development assistance
Available programs at WCC:
Cooperative Education (Co-op) is an academic program that blends classroom learning with practical work experience. Students earn academic credit while experiencing hands-on learning in the workplace.
Internships are opportunities for practical experience. Internships offer students an introduction to work environments and provide opportunities for skill building. On-the-job training and networking prove valuable in determining career interests.
Need assistance in creating an internship program? WCC Career Services can assist you.
Questions regarding paid versus unpaid internship guidelines, click here.
Call us today at 734-677-5155 to discuss creating opportunities with your organization.