Welcome to Career Services
WCC Career Services establishes meaningful connections among Washtenaw Community College students, alumni, faculty, staff, employers and nonprofits in the greater Washtenaw community.
- Students and alumni – identify employment, apply for jobs, develop a resume and cover letter, practice interviewing and more!
- Employers – conduct needs exploration, connect to talent, post jobs and recruit on site at no cost and access resumes
- Faculty – review industry trends, make class presentations and develop employment connections
- Community – participate in events and provide employment resources and opportunities
Call our office for additional information and assistance, 734-677-5155.
We’re counting down to the Fall Career & Internship Fair!
2018 Resume Trends – Don’t get left behind
Resumes can be semi-challenging to create if you don’t know where to start. Career Services is here to assist you with your resume creation. Our advisors are here to help you tailor your resume specifically for the job/industry you are applying to. Each industry requires specific marketable information from you. Be the BEST candidate just by finessing your resume!
A few great resources to find templates or design ideas are as follows.
- Canva.com (free templates – fill in the blank)
- Pinterest (ideas for designs)
- Word Templates (free templates – fill in the blank)
Youtube Tutorial: Graphics looking resumes
2018 CV/Resume PRO with Microsoft Word free DOC+PDF
**Note: Exclude the picture from the resume – use your initials or eliminate area instead**
Contact Career Services at 734-677-5155 to schedule an appointment to get help fast!
Do You Have An Electronic Portfolio To Showcase Your Talents to Employers?
No student should leave higher education today without a collection of their accomplishments in an electronic format. WIX would allow students the ability to do this in a cost-effective manner (free site and domain). The ease of use of the tool makes it perfect for those students who are not tech savvy, allowing for creativity and professionalism. By visiting the Career Services department, a student can be introduced to WIX and given the tools to build a portfolio site that highlights their personal and professional endeavours.
Your Portfolio Could Contain:
- Letters of reference
- Resume or Vitae
- Lists of accomplishments
- Samples of work (e.g., items produced from internships or co-op education experiences, class projects, items produced from previous jobs)
Visit www.WIX.com to see what catches your eye!