The Academic and Career Skills department at Washtenaw Community College will help you reach your personal, academic, and professional goals—in a WCC classroom, at a four-year university, and on the job.
Academic and Career Skills at WCC will:
- enrich vocabulary
- boost reading skills
- enhance study skills
- heighten critical thinking
- design career action plans
- break through learning barriers
The Academic Skills Center includes the Academic Skills office (GM 305) and the Academic Skills computer lab (GM 307). Both are on the third floor of the Gunder Myran building.
To learn more about Academic and Career Skills classes and services, call 734-973-3301 or 734-677-5778.
Academic Skills office
Knowledgeable staff in the Academic Skills office will guide you to resources that will help you successfully complete your ACS course(s).
In the ACS office, students can:
- meet with faculty
- checkout course materials
- do homework
Academic Skills computer lab
The Academic Skills computer lab is specially designed for the ACS student. Conveniently located next to the Academic Skills office, the lab contains everything students need to successfully complete their ACS courses, including:
- one-on-one instruction and support
- lab instructors add a level of expertise to the ACS courses and support success in the classroom
- call 734-973-3301 for hours of availability